NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Question Unknown API error: nameless:missing_api_key
Started by Lupich

Lupich

Lupich

Last Seen
08 Aug 2022
Topics

Hi All,

New to this software, pleasantly surprised to see 2.0 officially launched basically today. Great work I'm loving what I'm seeing so far! Dealing with some minor and expected glitches with something so new!

I configured /plugins/NamelessMC/main.yaml

From the Configuration > API section of my admin panel. API is enabled within that same page.

I am getting this error when I try to start my server, running spigot-1.19.2:

[23:08:48] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 0/ERROR]: [NamelessMC] Unexpected error: Unknown API error: nameless:missing_api_key
[23:08:48] [Craft Scheduler Thread - 0/ERROR]: [NamelessMC] com.namelessmc.plugin.lib.nameless-api.exception.NamelessException: Unknown API error: nameless:missing_api_key
        at com.namelessmc.plugin.lib.nameless-api.RequestHandler.makeConnection(RequestHandler.java:217)
        at com.namelessmc.plugin.lib.nameless-api.RequestHandler.get(RequestHandler.java:87)
        at com.namelessmc.plugin.lib.nameless-api.NamelessAPI.website(NamelessAPI.java:100)
        at com.namelessmc.plugin.common.ApiProvider.api(ApiProvider.java:120)
        at com.namelessmc.plugin.common.AbstractDataSender.lambda$run$3(AbstractDataSender.java:151)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_19_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:82)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_19_R1.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:54)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

I've double checked anything I could think of, Googled it a bit but maybe it's too new of an issue?

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated!

Lupich · about 1 year ago
_pvpsmash_

_pvpsmash_

Last Seen
22 Jan 2024
Topics

notcied my API KEY & URL was changed during the updgrade from PRE-13 to 2.0.1, in the adminCP the keys changed from:

old key url in admincp: forum.pvpSmash.com/key/url/apikeyhere

new url key:                  pvpSmash.com/key/url/apikeyhere

old API KEY: 4321

new API KEY: 1234 

- So both changed, and I updated both correctly also in plugins.yml, etc.

My last resort, is changing .yml configs back to forum.pvpsmash.com and see if that works, idk.

» DASH.MC-SERVERS.TECH |

» STORE.MCST.IO |

_pvpsmash_ · about 1 year ago
_pvpsmash_

_pvpsmash_

Last Seen
22 Jan 2024
Topics

same issues my end here.

» DASH.MC-SERVERS.TECH |

» STORE.MCST.IO |

_pvpsmash_ · about 1 year ago
Lupich

Lupich

Last Seen
08 Aug 2022
Topics

I should also note my issue is on a completely fresh installation as well.

Lupich · about 1 year ago
Supercrafter100

Supercrafter100

Developer Support
Last Seen
27 Mar 2024
Topics

This issue often occurs when the Authorization header is removed for some reason during the request.

If you are using a webhost, try contacting their support and explaining that the Authorization header got removed when requesting your sites API.

I can also suggest updating to the latest version of the NamelessMC plugin. You can find that one here: https://ci.rkslot.nl/job/Nameless%20Plugin/

If you continue to encounter issues, it would help out if you join our official Discord. We can provide support a lot quicker and easier in there. You can join it here: https://discord.gg/nameless/

Best regards,

Supercrafter100

Supercrafter100 · about 1 year ago · Last edited: about 1 year ago
never2nv

never2nv

Last Seen
29 Feb 2024
Topics

Just wanted to update this IF anyone else finds this via Google.

If you're self hosting and using Apache either locally or on a VPS etc

By default Apache does not, pass authorization headers to PHP :(

Just insert this inside your Apache config file within <virtualhost>:

SetEnvIf Authorization "(.*)" HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1

never2nv · about 1 month ago