NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Live Demo off of Computer
Started by Duziest

Duziest

Duziest

Last Seen
12 Feb 2019
Topics
Hey! I'm not good at this website at all, and I noticed when you click index.html on your computer (on a Mac at least) it instantly brings you to a live version of the site you have made. Now, I'm just wondering how do I do that with index.php or am I missing something? I haven't touched/edited the site yet since I want to know what I will be editing. Thanks!
Duziest · over 5 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
28 Mar 2024
Topics
Hi,

HTML files are simple files which can determine the content and layout of a page. They only contain fixed content (unless you start getting fancy with JavaScript).

PHP files are usually used to generate the content on a web server, so you can't simply open them up on your computer. For a quick and easy way to set up some PHP software on your computer, check out XAMPP (it's what I use on Mac for development). For ease of use, I'd recommend not getting any of the "VM" downloads, so as of the time of writing this post the version I'd get is "7.3.1 / PHP 7.3.1".

Using XAMPP, in your Applications -> XAMPP -> htdocs folder, you can add the Nameless files, boot up "Apache" and "MySQL" within XAMPP, and then visit localhost in your browser to view the site.

Hope that helps :)
Samerton · over 5 years ago