NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Solved How to get rid of the large server status
Started by cbackas

cbackas

cbackas

Last Seen
02 May 2016
Topics

On the home page theres the large server status banner with the big picture and everything... I've been trying to find a way to get rid of this and I haven't been able to get rid of it in its entirety. How would I go about doing this? Ideally the site could look more like this forum's home page instead of having that large thing there all the time. 

Thanks

cbackas · over 8 years ago
monjo44

monjo44

Last Seen
06 Jan 2017
Topics
Hey, go to your template folder, then copy the default template and name it how u want. After that navigate to your new folder and search for index.tpl. in this file there is a container at the top named Jumbo... Sth. just delete the stuff in it. To get rid of the background, navigate to core/assets/css and create a new css file for example custom-css.css . In this file you write .jumbotron{background-image: none; background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0)}. Now you have to include the new css file to your template. To do this navigate to core/includes/head.php or tpl, im not sure atm. There your will see some other css files included. Just copy one of this statements and replace it with your new css file. Now your home page should be free. Of cause there is an easy way to do this but I think my way is more clear. I will create an tutorial for it but atm i'm in the train so I did this as good as possible. Hope it helps :)
x1
monjo44 · over 8 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
26 Apr 2024
Topics

As @monjo44 says, you'll need to duplicate the existing Default template (in styles/templates) and then modify index.tpl inside. It's a HTML based template so you can remove the Jumbotron element within the file.

x1
Samerton · over 8 years ago
cbackas

cbackas

Last Seen
02 May 2016
Topics

Thanks guys!

cbackas · over 8 years ago
monjo44

monjo44

Last Seen
06 Jan 2017
Topics

Just added an tutorial on how to remove the banner and add an slider. :)

monjo44 · over 8 years ago
MD_5

MD_5

Last Seen
27 Apr 2016
Topics

Another fix is to delete the /boot folder. This allows you to remove the banner because it stops it from booting into the banner.

MD_5 · over 8 years ago