NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Bug Forum Won't Show After Creating It
Started by xSinclare

Topic Locked
xSinclare

xSinclare

Last Seen
07 Aug 2016
Topics

So whenever I create a new forum and submit the form it doesn't show up in the forums page. What I had to do like the Test forum in the video is put set all te forums as to Forum Board forum. When I found out I did this then I could view all the forums successfully and even the News & Announcements forum on the homepage.  The thing with the Forum Board being a parent to all other sub-forums is that this forum doesn't have a parent as well, so it doesn't show up in the forum list, but presents this issue when I  click Forum Board in the navigation tree above the forum I get this error:

Are there plans for this issue to be fixed in the 1.1.0 release? I came across this in GitHub and it talks about forum categories. So will forum categories then possibly solve this issue so I don't have to have my main forums parented to FORUM BOARD to be accessible?

xSinclare · over 8 years ago
Partydragen

Partydragen

Management
Last Seen
02 May 2024
Topics

I will contact @Samerton to check this out :)

x1

My minecraft name: Partydragen
My Website: https://partydragen.com/
Owner of CubedCraft network: https://cubedcraft.com/

Partydragen · over 8 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
01 May 2024
Topics

As you say, version 1.1.0 will provide a fix for this with forum categories. Even then, you'll need a category to be created (similar to your current "Forum Board"), however the difference is it will display on the forum index page.

x1
Samerton · over 8 years ago
xSinclare

xSinclare

Last Seen
07 Aug 2016
Topics

Okay sweet that is good to know :) Any ETA for v1.1.0?

xSinclare · over 8 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
01 May 2024
Topics

Unfortunately not, there's still quite a long way to go at the moment.

dadus33

dadus33

Last Seen
25 May 2016
Topics
Hello, I also have an issue with the forums... It looks like users show as offline even when they are actually online.
dadus33 · over 8 years ago
Partydragen

Partydragen

Management
Last Seen
02 May 2024
Topics

dadus33 said: Hello, I also have an issue with the forums... It looks like users show as offline even when they are actually online.

U using the new changes on nameless software? (17 hours ago)

Before the online stats on profile only showing when your online on the server not forum

But for 17 hours ago @samerton removed the server and fixed forum instant

My minecraft name: Partydragen
My Website: https://partydragen.com/
Owner of CubedCraft network: https://cubedcraft.com/

Partydragen · over 8 years ago
dadus33

dadus33

Last Seen
25 May 2016
Topics

@Partydragen

The update tab tells me Ițm up to date... I also found out some other bugs, such as the quote feature not working as expected. Whn I try to quote your mesage, instead of inserting it into my current reply, it opens up a new post menu with no Styling tools or whatsoever. Other features that should be added is the insert code feature. I'm really looking forward to using this on my website as the main and only software...

Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
01 May 2024
Topics
dadus33 said:

@Partydragen

The update tab tells me Ițm up to date... I also found out some other bugs, such as the quote feature not working as expected. Whn I try to quote your mesage, instead of inserting it into my current reply, it opens up a new post menu with no Styling tools or whatsoever. Other features that should be added is the insert code feature. I'm really looking forward to using this on my website as the main and only software...

The changes made yesterday aren't actually a new update yet, which is why there won't be anything in the AdminCP. I'll most likely release 1.0.6 soon which will let you upgrade.

As for the quoting issue, I've fixed that now, thanks for spotting it. The fix will also be in the next release.

I can look into a code editor, if there is a module available within the editor used then I can try and get it added ASAP.

Edit: added code editor in the latest commit, it will be in the next release.

dadus33

dadus33

Last Seen
25 May 2016
Topics
Samerton said:
dadus33 said:

@Partydragen

The changes made yesterday aren't actually a new update yet, which is why there won't be anything in the AdminCP. I'll most likely release 1.0.6 soon which will let you upgrade.

As for the quoting issue, I've fixed that now, thanks for spotting it. The fix will also be in the next release.

I can look into a code editor, if there is a module available within the editor used then I can try and get it added ASAP.

Samerton said:
dadus33 said:

@Partydragen

Samerton said:
dadus33 said:

@Partydragen

Thanks, you're awesome :D
Also, I'd like to see a nicer forum layout, somewhat more simmillar to xenforo. So, instead of not showing a category at all if it's not nested under another forum or if it has no posts, only the main categories should be listed in the forum tab. From there, you should be able to navigate to any category by accessing those listed there. I might have not made my point as intended here, so if you don't understand what I wanted to mean here are some images:

(quick note about images: I guess you should make the image menu a bit simpler, at least in the default tab, most users have no ideea what to do :p)

In the above image, you can notice the '+' sign near each category, that allows you to expand the respective section. I think you should add this feature instead of just parrenting/childing forums. Categories can only contain other FORUMS, not posts, and FORUMS can only hold posts. I think this is a must-have feature, but you could add it as an option for the forum layout setting in the AdminCP.

Another thing worth mentioning is the user profile settings. IMHO, it's just not customizable enough. You should be able to have control of settings such as a description (NOT signature), data such as place of birth, real name, etc. and other user configurable options, such as allowing users to go into invisible mode. Also you might add the XenForo follow functionallity o users can follow others and recieve alerts when they post a thread (configurable by the user). Aaaand, last but not least, more rating options! Users should be able to give others positive and negative ratings on their posts, and the admin should be able to set how much impact certain ratings have, and even create some custom ones. for instance, you could create a Like rating using an image of the facebook like button, and then give that rating a certain reputation value (let's say +1), so it will be a positive ratings. Negative ratings should work the exact same way, just the reputation value should be negative.

Besides that, NamelessMC is just awesome :D

Thanks for listening to community requests!

PS: Also, for some reason I sometimes get an Invalid Token message when posting...