NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Request A few ideas/request...
Started by pixelbat

pixelbat

pixelbat

Last Seen
19 Mar 2019
Topics
First I'd like to say this is a pretty slick package you've put together. It's well made and simple, yet effective. I've been wanting to ditch my Xenforo install for a long time just because it's so overly convoluted for what it is.

Anyhow... a few things I'd love to see incorporated...

- The ability to add forum category icons while in the classic table view. Possibly with multiple states to easily show if the category has new post or not... Like this... http://i.imgur.com/wPJ0E2J.png

- A forum preview option. So you can see exactly how your post will look before submitting.

- A sign up block that can be enabled/disabled on the front page. Like this... http://i.imgur.com/3Hj5oy7.png

- Ability to leave forum description blank.

- Ability to automatically insert images or video when you link an image or YT url. If the image dimension is smaller than the width of the forum then it uses it's own dimensions. If it's larger, then have it automatically justify. I only suggest this because it's something I've become accustomed too with past forum software, plus I think the image/YT insert buttons are a bit complicated for the average user. 

- Forum polls.

- An FAQ feature. I know you could just make a forum thread with your FAQ. However, a more formal FAQ would be nice. This is the FAQ set up I have on my Xenforo based site... http://i.imgur.com/sZmAkAV.png  The answer is expanded when clicked on the question.

- A wiki feature or integration. I see more and more Minecraft sites with wikis. It's such a great way to convey information in a neat organized format.

I realize a lot of these suggestions can probably be added via modules? However, I also think they're all great features for a base system like this.
pixelbat · over 7 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
05 May 2024
Topics
Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Category icons: I've been wanting to implement this for a while, although I'm still not sure on the best way of dealing with read/unread posts. Once I come up with something I'll get it implemented
  • A post preview option should be achievable, I'll try and get it in for the full v2 release
  • A sign-up button can be added to the front page using the template system, although only in the upcoming v2 as it's not possible to determine whether a user is logged in or not in v1
  • Forum descriptions can be left blank in v2
  • The editor used by Nameless is a third party library, and as a result I'm not sure if it's possible to automatically embed images/videos. I'll take a look for v2 for you though
  • Forum polls are also something which I've been planning for a very long time, although I've not actually got round to starting on them just yet. I'll hope to get this in v2 also
  • An FAQ and wiki feature can be implemented as modules for the upcoming v2 system
x1
Samerton · over 7 years ago