NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Solved Internal Server Error
Started by monjo44

monjo44

monjo44

Last Seen
06 Jan 2017
Topics

Hey guys,

After testing this forum, I wanted to install it on my server. But I am getting this Error when i click on the install button.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I contacted the support but they could't help me out cause the configuration was alright. We came to the conclusion that it might has to do with the htacces file, that it cant access the install.php file. I also granted all permissions to the pages folder so that in case it's not accessable it can acces it, didn't work out either.
But since I never did sth. with htaccess files I cant tell if there is a problem.
Now my question is, if you have any idea on what I could have done wrong. It worked perfect on my localhost.I deleted all files from my webserver and the requirements are available.

Hope you can help me :)

monjo44 · over 8 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
09 May 2024
Topics

Hi,

Do you have access to the Apache error logs on your server? Not sure where they'd be located, as it'd depend on whether you have a VPS/dedicated machine or web hosting.

If so, are there any recent errors which could relate to the issue you're experiencing?

Samerton · over 8 years ago
monjo44

monjo44

Last Seen
06 Jan 2017
Topics
Hey, i dont have access to the error logs :/ I will try to contact support again later.
monjo44

monjo44

Last Seen
06 Jan 2017
Topics

I managed to get the error_logs.

This is what I get:

[05-Apr-2016 20:44:34 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  session_start(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/homepages/23/d571673901/htdocs) in /homepages/23/d571673901/htdocs/core/init.php on line 2
[05-Apr-2016 20:44:34 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /homepages/23/d571673901/htdocs/core/init.php on line 2

I did some research on that but I could find a propper solution :S

Do you have any idea ?

I dont have access to the tmp folder. Is there any workaround ?

Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
09 May 2024
Topics

Sorry for the late reply on this, this was fixed in 1.0.7.

Samerton · over 8 years ago