NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Can't Log Into AdminCp
Started by blueshadow2002

blueshadow2002

blueshadow2002

Last Seen
02 Jun 2017
Topics
So I messed up....

I was changing some settings so that the account I had set up as an admin account would be different from my main account, and to prevent some in game admins from completely changing the website and looking at data, I made the admin group not able to look at the AdminCp.

This would be ok, but I forgot to make a new group that had access and add myself to it before I changed the settings.

So, long story short, I am kinda locked out of the AdminCp. Is there any way to edit the code to change this?

I am looking in user.php, but that just contains the classes of the code, and would I be able to change anything there that would let any user access the AdminCp just for a few moments? Or are there any other files that contain users that I would be able to manually set to a class?

Thank you!
blueshadow2002 · over 6 years ago · Last edited: over 6 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
19 Apr 2024
Topics
To fix this, you'll need to edit your database using something like phpMyAdmin (most web hosts will provide you with this already).

In the nl1_groups table, find the Admin group (which has an ID of 2), and edit it so that the admin_cp field becomes 1.

Your user (provided it is still in the Admin group) will be able to view the AdminCP again.
x1
Samerton · over 6 years ago
blueshadow2002

blueshadow2002

Last Seen
02 Jun 2017
Topics
Thanks so much for all the help you have given me!

I really appreciate how fast you respond as well! :D
blueshadow2002 · over 6 years ago
badbojus

badbojus

Contributor Member
Last Seen
30 Oct 2017
Topics
Samerton:
To fix this, you'll need to edit your database using something like phpMyAdmin (most web hosts will provide you with this already).

In the nl1_groups table, find the Admin group (which has an ID of 2), and edit it so that the admin_cp field becomes 1.

Your user (provided it is still in the Admin group) will be able to view the AdminCP again.

i had this problem very first time i installed nalemess,for the future updates i would recommend add "owner" or something group and on first install move/make that group as default, so this would never happen again to anyone :)
x1
badbojus · over 6 years ago · Last edited: over 6 years ago
blueshadow2002

blueshadow2002

Last Seen
02 Jun 2017
Topics
Yeah I did that my second time around :P I used two different groups that have AdminCp now, just in case ;)
blueshadow2002 · over 6 years ago
hipporunner

hipporunner

Last Seen
16 Sep 2021
Topics
BUMP

is this still the fix for this? i just got rid of mine but i dont have the admin rank in my nl1_groups.
hipporunner · over 6 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
19 Apr 2024
Topics
@hipporunner The group name might not be "Admin", it's simply the group which has an ID of 2.

If no groups have an ID of 2, you can create a new one, just make sure you set the ID as 2, and the other fields can be anything.
hipporunner

hipporunner

Last Seen
16 Sep 2021
Topics
How would I add myself to the new group? Because but when I checked I had nothing with a value of 2
hipporunner

hipporunner

Last Seen
16 Sep 2021
Topics
Those are the fields i have inside of it.
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
19 Apr 2024
Topics
Could you share the output of  SELECT * FROM nl1_groups