NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Question
Started by FlatoutDude

FlatoutDude

FlatoutDude

Last Seen
24 Jul 2023
Topics
so, i have a question, if i wish to use a differient forum solution, but i wish to keep using namelessMC for everything else, would this be possible?, if it is, how would i go about doing that?, what file should i edit, etc?
FlatoutDude · over 6 years ago
Sapphire

Sapphire

Contributor
Last Seen
24 Jan 2021
Topics
Hello @FlatoutDude.

You can disable the forum module in general, but add a custom page as a redirect link to the new forum software. However, keep in mind these two won't most likely synchronize due to the cookie sessions, though there might be several workarounds. I don't think I am that wrong if I assume Samerton would have a "perfect" solution for synchronizing the announcements and logins with the different software.

I won't personally recommend to use other forum software with different CMS, I'd rather build my own around the other software.
Sapphire · over 6 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
21 Apr 2024
Topics
Integrating Nameless with another forum software would be a huge job, integrating the two user systems is just the start. You'd have to be very comfortable with PHP to do this.

If you use Nameless version 1, you can delete the pages/forum folder to remove the Nameless forums, but you'd have to redo all the queries for obtaining news for the front page for example, and if you use version 2, as -kakara- says you can disable the forums module. However I can't really provide support for integrating Nameless with other software I'm afraid.
x1
Samerton · over 6 years ago