NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Request A Few Suggestions
Started by drGe

drGe

drGe

Last Seen
14 Jan 2017
Topics
I have a few suggestions for v2 or above. I think these suggestions could help improve Nameless.

- Topic Label Permissions
-- When you can create a topic label, you can select which user groups are able to use them. This could help if someone had an application, report, or appeal, forum. You could have Accepted and Denied tags which only staff groups could apply to the topic.

- Group Color Selector
-- When you are creating a user group, you have a little color selector that you can use to change the color of the group tag.

- Staff Online
-- You have a members online, I think it would be cool if there was a Staff Online box.

- Invalid Token Fix
-- A lot of times when you try and submit a topic or enter things into a field, it says "Invalid token". I think that fixing these things will allow for a much more hassle free user experience.

- Staff Seeing IPs
-- To let someone move, edit, and delete topics, you have to give them ModCP access. This lets the users see anyone's IP. I think that should be fixed. You don't want your staff having everyone's IP!
x1
drGe · over 7 years ago · Last edited: over 7 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
06 May 2024
Topics
Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Topic label permissions:
    • They're being worked on at the moment, and they'll make it into the second v2 pre-release
  • Group labels:
    • Unfortunately the group labels are "baked" into the CSS files at the moment, but it's something I can try to implement in the future
  • Staff list:
    • An online staff list is definitely possible, I'll try to create a special "widget" for v2
  • Invalid tokens:
    • ​​​​​​​Invalid token issues are caused when different areas of the site are opened in separate tabs; unfortunately fixing this isn't too straightforward but it has been on the to-do list for a while
  • Staff viewing IP addresses:
    • Configurable staff permissions are planned for a future update, although allowing all moderators to view IP addresses is a common feature throughout forum software as it helps massively with forum moderation
Samerton · over 7 years ago · Last edited: over 7 years ago