NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Changeing default profile pictures
Started by Tsuki

Tsuki

Tsuki

Last Seen
17 Jan 2022
Topics
Hello,
I wanted to ask how you could change the default profile pictures of the users. It can be split into 2 parts:

1.) How do I change the default profile picture of a user, who doesnt have a Minecraft account (atm its a steve head)

2.) How do i change the profile picture with a player who already has a MC account. (by default its their head, how do i change it to be the same as the default one?

I know the question is a bit longer and mabey more complicated so i already want to thank you for taking your time and reading it. 
I really enjoy your software and encourage you to continue it.

Thanks,
Ben
Tsuki · over 7 years ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
08 May 2024
Topics
Hi,

Unfortunately, as the default avatar is served by Cravatar, it will always show users without a Minecraft account as Steve as this is something Cravatar does. I might be able to add something to change this in version 2.

As for changing the default picture of someone who does have a Minecraft account, you can do so by changing lines 392-407 of core/classes/User.php to point to a path/URL with the new default avatar.
Samerton · over 7 years ago
Tsuki

Tsuki

Last Seen
17 Jan 2022
Topics
Thank you for your answer.
I checked it out and did what you told me and noticed, that if I replace the given link and delete the text after the website ul, that all pictures change, thoose from members with a MC name and without.
It all works perfectly now!
Thank you a lot!

Ben
Tsuki · over 7 years ago · Last edited: over 7 years ago