NamelessMC

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Important Version 2.0.0
Started by Samerton

Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
29 Mar 2024
Topics

Hi everyone,

I didn't expect to be posting this announcement in 2022 - but after 7 years in development, I'm very happy to announce that version 2.0.0 is finally available for download! 🎉

It is completely unrecognisable compared to when work was first started in 2015 - in more ways than just the software. The team has grown so much since then, with special shoutouts to our core developers @Aberdeener, @Derkades, @Partydragen and @Supercrafter100 who have done so much for the project, along with all our Support Team and Community Moderator members for dedicating their free time to helping the community wherever possible - and don't forget all the Retired Developer and Retired Staff members too who have come and gone over the years.

And, of course, this wouldn't have been possible without all the Contributors and Resource Creators who have helped so much with building the platform and providing some amazing features and templates for all to enjoy.

Nameless is, and always will be, free of charge for you all to use - the reason I started Nameless in the first place was to use as a simple forum for my server before I moved onto bigger, premium options, but it's become so much more than that now and I feel we can continue to innovate and build Nameless into a serious contender for website software within the Minecraft server realm (and who knows, maybe even beyond!)

This release also coincides with a huge milestone in the history of the project - we have recently hit 50,000 unique recorded installations. This is an insane number, beyond any of my initial expectations back when the first ever Nameless release was uploaded as a zip file against a Spigot forum post in 2014.

To celebrate both the release and the 50k milestone, check out the #giveaways channel on our Discord server where we'll be giving prizes to 10 lucky winners!

And finally, thank you to all of you, the users of Nameless, for continuing to use and support the project in so many different ways. Let's hope the next 7 years bring may more incredible features for you and your players to enjoy (but hopefully a bit quicker than it's taken to get v2 into your hands 😅).

==================================================

Now for the boring release notes!

• Compared with pre-release 13, version 2.0.0 is mostly a bugfix release to improve stability and resolve many issues including installation and group sync issues.
  • There should be no breaking changes to custom frontend templates or modules in this release - please feel free to upgrade without fear (but please, as always, back up your website first!)
  • A good overview of the new features for v2 can be found in the readme
  • A full changelog of v2 and all previous v2 pre-releases can be found here

To upgrade from version 2.0.0 pre-release 13, download the upgrade package through your website's StaffCP -> Update tab.

To install on a fresh new website, you can download the nameless-deps-dist bundle from the release page

With the official release of v2.0.0, the version 1.x branch is no longer supported - if your site runs version 1, please upgrade to v2 as soon as possible!

Thanks again!
- Sam

x6
Samerton · about 1 year ago · Last edited: about 1 year ago
p1nkwafflez

p1nkwafflez

Last Seen
25 Jul 2023
Topics

After spending the last 3 hours setting up the new website using namelessmc pre13, I’ve been waiting for years for the official release and had decided not to wait any longer. 30 minutes after finishing the official release is posted.

Great work and I hope my update goes flawlessly haha

x1   x1
p1nkwafflez · about 1 year ago
DominikSLK

DominikSLK

Last Seen
22 Jul 2023
Topics

😮

DominikSLK · about 1 year ago
DominikSLK

DominikSLK

Last Seen
22 Jul 2023
Topics

😮

DominikSLK

DominikSLK

Last Seen
22 Jul 2023
Topics

🎉

AshKetchumK

AshKetchumK

Last Seen
06 Aug 2022
Topics

nice

x1

AshKetchumK#0001

AshKetchumK · about 1 year ago
_pvpsmash_

_pvpsmash_

Last Seen
22 Jan 2024
Topics

🤩

» DASH.MC-SERVERS.TECH |

» STORE.MCST.IO |

_pvpsmash_ · about 1 year ago
Samerton

Samerton

Owner
Last Seen
29 Mar 2024
Topics

Version 2.0.3 is now available: https://github.com/NamelessMC/Nameless/releases/tag/v2.0.3

Existing websites should upgrade via the StaffCP -> Update tab, and new installations should install the nameless-deps-dist package from the GitHub release.

This is mostly a bugfix release, with stability improvements as we head towards version 2.1.0.

For the full changelog, please see the release above.

x1
Samerton · about 1 year ago
hybridphreak

hybridphreak

Last Seen
09 Feb 2023
Topics

Absolutely amazing work!!!

Installs like a dream and, well, jsut well done everyone. 

I used to use Enjin (back in the day :D) and with that being retired, I was looking for a suitable site form and I most certainly have found it here.

Thank you!

x2
hybridphreak · about 1 year ago
TheMRK

TheMRK

Last Seen
11 Jan 2024
Topics

Agree, absolutely amazing work.

Why does the homepage still lists announcements for the pre-release?

TheMRK · about 1 year ago